Monday, November 30, 2009

And A Happy New Year

Oh the weather outside is delightful, but the fire is so frightful…

I love winter and I love this time of year. In the words of Bing Crosby and Danny Kay, “What is Christmas with no snow?”

I remember that It snowed last Christmas and it was glorious indeed. It seems as though once Christmas is over, snow and ice is just ugly white cold slushy dangerous stuff; perhaps. However, I still love snow storms.

This past thanksgiving was pleasant aside from me having a cold. Luckily Thursday wasn’t the height of my sickness so it was bearable…it was the next day which is decoration day. I have to rest every ten minutes because my throat was so painful every time I tried to swallow. It got that way from moving around a lot. All the same, I played the Christmas music and I got the decor up.

I’m so thankful for my family. I love my parents and siblings and the relationships I have with them. I love that we are a Disney family and that have the opportunity to vacation together so often and with Disney; it really is a dream come true. I’m thankful for my education and that I’m as far into college as I am. I love that I know where I’m going with my career and that if feels right and I enjoy it. I’m thankful for my employment. It was tricky getting a job, but I have one now and it’s a lot of fun. I’m thankful that home is a safe place for me and that I always want to be there. I’m thankful for good health and good health of my family. I’m thankful for the privilege I have to tend my nieces still. I’ve been doing it twice a week for four and a half years and it’s been  very rewarding. I’m so lucky to have a way to make a bit more money on the side. My sister is so generous to me in this. And most of all, again I’m thankful for my family and the love we share with each other; the love clearly comes from Heavenly Father.

On a slight tangent, I’d like to one day come in contact with Kozy and ask them why they cut off Christmas music on December 26. Hmm…We wish you a merry Christmas we wish you a merry Christmas we wish you a merry Christmas and a HAPPY NEW YEAR! New years is part of the “Holidays” and I really wish they’d realize that. Now, I’ll still listen to the Christmas music on my ipod if they won’t play it, but it’d be nice to turn it on on the radio when my ipod is dead.

What is playing on my Ipod you ask? Well I listen to only the best and the music I grew up listening during the holidays:

Mannheim Steamroller

Pat a Pan

Joy to the World

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Deck the Halls

Stille Nacht

Good King Wenceslas

Neil Diamond

Morning Has Broken

White Christmas

The Christmas Song

War is Over

Santa Clause is Coming to Town

 

What I love about my family’s New Years tradition is that we go up to Logan and stay with our grandparents. Although Grandpa Scott passed away in June, It’ll be slightly different without him there. It’ll be quieter with less laughs. But of course we won’t forget him. So it’s fun to know after Christmas we still have our trip there to look forward to. We have snow ball fights and play pool and ping pong as it snows outside, we go to Smith’s Market Place to buy treasures for the men and their New Years shoe. I love that tradition and I get weird looks when I tell people about how on New Years Eve we lay out our shoes and in the morning there’s a little gift or two with candy; it’s just another fun surprise to look forward to.

What’s most hard to believe is that it’s just this time of year again. I remember more than perfectly everything I was doing a year ago. Once we get to this time of year, time freezes which makes the year until now seem  like it really flew.

Well until my next post, Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. What great thoughts on the season. I look forward to new years in Logan too. I hope we get to do it for years to come. Thanks for sharing, and babysitting all these years! what would we have done without you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britney... you never told me you had a blog!!!!! OMG... i'm going to read it everyday now!!! :)

    I'm listening to Christmas songs too! I love Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys! yes gracia i have a blog! I'm glad I have yours now too! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehehe! :D And thanks for adding me to your "Family and Friends" List. I feel special now! Hehehe! I added you to my list too! Except, you misspelled my name LOL!... It's Grecia not Gracia. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! There's just something wonderful about this time of year!

    ReplyDelete