Saturday, January 23, 2010

And It’s 4 am In Cheverly

I don’t think there’s a more perfect time to write than in the quietest of night-that’s right, the quietest. The triplets are all sound asleep in their swings…unswinging. Emily and I both went to bed at 9 30 and she got up at 3 and I stayed in bed till 4 now she’s back in bed for another hour or so. I told her to not get up if it’s quiet. I like the morning shift of 2 to six better than being up from 9 to 2. I don’t know why. In the hardest of times with these babies (which actually hasn’t been to dramatic) I am always finding myself having fun no matter what and I think it’s because I am in Maryland! We don't get outside hardly at all, but that’s ok because I’m in Maryland it’s a great feeling.

The flight seemed to pass extremely fast without any turbulence. The babies were so good and quiet only crying out maybe twice and only for a short period of time. It was so fun just carrying them around the airport and getting on and off the plane babies strapped to us-just cute. On the drive home through the beautiful freeway (I cried out once approached the onramp saying, “There they are! The infamous eastern highways!” Driving on Maryland/Virginia freeways is a nature walk in itself.) The babies cried and cried…but then we started rattling the rattler and instantly they were calm. Good thing they’re at the age where they notice those blessed gadgets! Once we entered into the Cheverly I instantly fell in love as it felt like we were driving through the cutest of towns in Logan. Every home (old and cute) was hidden in the trees. I felt like we had entered a forest. Well the second we got our luggage in the house, it was time for work: eat, sleep, play, sleep, eat, etc. First night I could not sleep one minute even in my oh so comfortable bed, an air mattress that I love so much I want to switch it out with mine at home! (my room was so clean and cozy when I arrived- I truly feel at home) So I stayed up till 6 am then slept till 9. Felt great the rest of the day after finding myself a small power nap while feeding Bennett. We celebrated KC’s birthday with a wonderful dinner of Lasagna, garlic bread and salad with a finish of raspberry cheesecake. I found it extremely delightful and decorated so cute-I praised Emily’s culinary influences. So then we sang a harmonious Happy Birthday 100_4364100_4366100_4371 then enjoyed gift opening. After that proceeded to play as many rounds as the babies would allow us to Banagrams. So the second shift began and this time I did fall asleep. Emily and I both awoke at 2 am and slept off and on like the babes till 7. The day went on like normal. It’s always fun to have the television on even if we’re watching Days of our Lives or The Bonnie Hunt Show; just to have background noise is fun. I enjoy every minute of being here. The babies are so sweet and I think I’m starting to fall in love with them. I love this opportunity more than words and I love being involved in their little lives. I found out the best news today from Emily, she’s going to take me to downtown DC on Sunday! I was so ecstatic. I can hardly wait-only one day more! Well today is Saturday and it will be a good day.  I am crocheting a beanie for Alex. Ruby’s was already made before we flew out. Once Alex’s is done, I will start on Bennet’s- just a fun project to do on the side. 

3 comments:

  1. What fun you're having, even as you work! I'm glad to have updates, I hope you keep posting them. Have a good time in DC and I'm sure you'll take many pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I love just the way that you write these! We can really connect easily as if we were right there with you step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Brit. Post more. I love hearing and seeing what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete