Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Three of Everything

Every day is baby day! 

100_4522100_4524 100_4525 100_4529 100_4532 and of course…100_4379

Day 5 and I still have two months exactly till I go home. I love how slow time is going here because I am just trying to soak in every minute of this experience. We watch movies all day and recently finished the Lord of the Rings series. Right now we are watching Tommy Boy which I’ve never seen before so I am having a good time! Emily and I made bean dip today and had the hardest laugh we’ve had yet. I made breakfast yesterday morning…turned out delicious thanks to Emily cooking up her homemade syrup! I am learning so many cooking skills!100_4519   When the babies are asleep we catch up things, for example Emily will work on the babies room (which is complete) and do laundry while I make some phone calls or try to catch a power nap. No matter what we are doing, we are always having a fun time. Every time I see all three babies laying next to each other, with their constantly kicking legs, I still can’t believe there are three of them. As I write I see three car seats all lined up next to each other-amazing. And when I see each swing with babes or without, it is breathtaking. These babies are so cute and so precious. Play time is between 7 and 7 30 am and we just watch them coo and smile and kick their legs and swing their arms and even though we are tremendously tired from camping in the living room getting up every hour to feed and put back the babes back to sleep, we are still smiling and laughing with them. I’ve recently discovered that the best way to keep a baby asleep and to catch a nap yourself at the same time is to sleep with them on the couch or on a bed. Until we get them in the mode of sleeping in their cribs, I want to try to nap with one of them as much as I can-it’s smart because if they start to wake up I’m lying right next to them and can still be half asleep while rocking them with my hand. I don’t have to get up and pick them up. 100_4517 This green goo is named Gary-the babies favorite toy in my opinion. But why does he have name? About 4 days ago, Emily picked up this toy and started waving it at one of the babes. She said “Oh dis is scary!” But I stopped her and said, did you just say Gary? Is his name Gary? She laughed so hard and said “No, I said SCARY!” Just a funny side note because it is always a joke when we pick that toy up. Now to get back on track, these babies are only getting older and better with everything they do. They will soon be starting to sleep for longer hours in the night, and soon old enough and good enough to take to the mall and downtown DC. Oh speaking of DC, Emily and I got to go on Sunday. We took the Metro system and got there in 15 minutes. I was so excited to be there. We went in a few museums, enjoyed sipping hot chocolate strolling along the long stretch between the capitol and the Washington Monument- felt awesome being there. The weather was chilly…but not too cold to need a coat. Forecast the day before said it was to rain all day. It did until we left for DC so we were really lucky. We finally left at 6 30 ish after walking past the Washington monument and the World War II memorial- beautiful. By this time it was dark and we were tired, but it felt great to us getting all that exercise! Until next time, ta.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're learning some new skills. You sure have a good attitude about everything.You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet they are LOVING you there! cute pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou! We are always laughing so it keeps our spirits high. -Brit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I am so glad I have finally discovered your blog! What an insight into the goings--n of three of my new favorite people. And I love reading what you and Em are up to. Your writing is so fun to read. I love the Gary story. Ha!

    But I must admit that I am a little jealous. I know it's no picnic caring for those three sillies, but it kind of a miracle to see them all, huh? Sounds like you have the best possible attitude and are the perfect one for the job! Wish I could join the party. Really, I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M so glad you discovered my blog! Thank you for reading it...I am so pleased you enjoy it. I love writing new things about what we're up to...every second of the day I'm facinated by just me being here so far away from home! Such a good experience this is and will be! The babes are growing so much from even just a week ago. They are sweethearts.

    ReplyDelete