Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Land That I Love!

Well, I did what I wanted to do and that is tour all of D.C. and Arlington Cemetery last Saturday. Emily took me the first Saturday that I got here but we were there for only a few hours and only visited a few things and it was great, but I had the entire day off this time and I got to spend it with a friend visiting from Utah. It was so fun being there again. My first visit was in 2002 then in 2006 then in 2010. Hmm…I see a pattern; every four years I come upon visiting D.C. I like it! I should keep it that way. I don’t know what it is about all the historical monuments all around me but I absolutely am fascinated with it all. It was so wonderful being back.

 

100_4792 100_4806 Got to go up in the Washington Monument! Great view

100_4881 100_4840 Sitting in front of the white house was possibly one of the most exciting things of the entire day! So much history inside there.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love D.C. too. There's just some serious patriotic history there. I think everyone should visit regularly (every 4 years sounds good!) to be inspired about what our great country was founded on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you weren't there in the spring. But yay! You probably did more than we did the whole 7 years we lived there. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I've heard! I hope that by some miracle the infamous blossoms bloom right before I leave. Two and a half weeks for that to happen.

    ReplyDelete