Sunday, September 6, 2009

4 Places I Love

1- Home While I was in high school, I always came home for lunch and I hardly ever hung out on the weekends with my friends, I never went to Football games or dances (besides Sadies, Homecoming etc.) Sure I had friends, but it was purely choice to go out or stay home. I loved sitting on the couch and just taking with my family. I loved watching movies with my little brothers. I just preferred to stay at home, I felt safe and happy.

2. Disneyland Maybe it was because my first trip was when I was about 4, or because...well I can't think of any other reason of why I love Disneyland so much. I believe the magic comes when you visited for the first time as a child. When you couldn't believe that Aladin had his arm around you for a picture, or that there were pirates singing to you, or how Mickey would dance and perform magic on water. There's magic in Disneyland and we all know that once we step inside, it literally feels like anothe r world. We forget there's a world out there, that we have jobs back home (ahem...except me) and tests we have to study for. You feel H-A-P-P-Y and totally relaxed. I am proud to say that my family is a Disney family. As a family we've been about 11 + times. I love the memories we created there. Being in the Disney Vacation Club since 2005, we have been able to stay in the Disneyland Hotel twice and go on soon to be, two Disney cruises.

3. Logan Sigh. I love Logan. It is where my mothers parents have resided for over thirty years. Their river side mansion home is where I'd like to say I grew up. My first trip there was when I was about one year old. I have been at least once a year since then. Now growing up, Logan to me was my grandparents house. It was like their house was called Logan. Now we all love our grandparents house, the ones we too grew up in. We love the smell, the pictures, and the memories we created in every corner of the house. I love the smell, and the pictures. I love that all my cousins can share with me so many memories and that we can all reminisce on practically everything that went on in that house. And what went on? Diet Coke and Pepsi in the basement freezer, Gum on top of the frigde in the bizarre ceilinged kitchen. The ping pong table, Pool table and Air Hockey. It's calling on the way up in the car which room we want to sleep in! Our choices are as follows, The Yellow room, The Exercise room, The Frog room, The Guest Room (which now has recently been changed to the Golf Room in honor of Grandpa Scott) Blake's Room, and Clark's Room. I personally stayed in the Yellow room most often. Mom and dad got Blake's Room, my littlest brother Brian got Clark's room which was a perfect size bed for one. My oldest brother Ben got the exercise room (I wonder why) and my sister would either kick me out of the Yellow room and I'd stay in the frog room with Brad, or...yeah she'd kick me out. So now taking small trips back up there we can't help but see our young selves and why we now love every little thing in the house. Until recently it's especially memorable ever since Grandpa Scott passed away in June. I took a trip up there in July with my mom and little brothers. We found Grandma out reading on the deck next to her new garden that she's ever so proud of. She told us of how she was going out on a walk one day and caught herself calling to Grandpa if he wanted to come. She of course realized that he wasn't there. But no matter what, being there will always remind me of him. Everything around me is all Grandpa Scott. This might be silly, but I want to name my son Logan in memory of Grandpa because he was born there and passed away there. And I also love the city more than my own. I would like to live there one day. There wouldn't be any other place I'd rather live.


4. Moab My grandparents bought a condo down in Moab in a complex right by the Moab Golf Course some 15 + years ago. Ever since then we've all had the chance to go down and there and enjoy the red rock surroundings and tour Arches National Park. I love Moab for some of the same reasons I love my grandparents house; the smell, the memories, and the location. We too choose the rooms we want to stay in. We have a choice of the bedroom with two beds, or the doll room (I'm not sure who started that name but there are dolls in there!) and the Master bedroom which us kids never get to have. We always sign and comment in the guest registery started by Grandpa. It's fun to read entries from cousins and aunts and uncles who stayed there past times and how they tell of what they did during their stay. We always go swimming maybe twice a day at the pool that's just three condos away. We hike to Delicate Arch or Balancing Rock, or Park Avenue. What also goes on down there is the Moab Music Festival. Not many people know what that is so perhaps I'll explain here. My Uncle founded this Festival with the assistance of his father, Grandpa Scott. This month will be 19th year since this spectacular event was started. It is held mostly in the outdoors in the deep of the canyon where red rocks encircle you and the cool wind brushes against your face as you hear the most beautiful voices and instruments bounce off the rocks and echo through the valley. That is how I describe the Moab Music Festival. Call now at 18003356789 to book your tickets this month! Just Kidding.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you have written about your favorite places and your memories and reasons why. That's great to have written so you can alway remember!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love each of those places too (though I would probably put my own home at the top, even though I like your house too). And a very nice tribute to Grandpa too. I think it would be brilliant to name your baby Logan one day. Also, good assessment on why you love Disneyland so much. Sometimes people just don't understand how an adult could love that place ever so as we do. This has also made me want to go to Moab again. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, because we still call the yellow room "Belinda's" room. It's always the top choice. Well, when alone. Now we like to be in Clark and Blakes rooms for kiddos. I like all these places too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You call it that?? How funny, I've never called it that our heard it called that.

    ReplyDelete