Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Best Vacation Ever

On May 27th, 2009, my cousins Drew and his now Wife Julie, Elise and her Husband Jeff and I set out on our dream vacation to Disneyland. Something that we had hoped for and wanted for years! Our last day was May 30 and we headed home the next day. The weather was great and the crowds weren't too bad! Being with my clan who are on top of things and wanting to do one thing after the other, we got ALOT done! It was brilliant. I'll never forget our last day we were in the park from 9 in the morning to midnight. No break-it was fantastic.




ODE t
o a Disneyland CHURRO: By Britney Jensen, on occasion of the Disneyland trip 2009
written
April 2009









Alas a
nother trip comes near,
the magic kingdom awaits.
I wait, I smile, and I can’t sit still.
I countdown to . . .

Your churros
priced at $3.00.
There you are
sitting in a small booth
ran by an employee
who knows nothing
of your genuineness.
I hand over gas money,
then handed to me is you.
I gently grip your long body.
Sugar flakes
falling lightly on my pants.
My fingers attract
your shiny tiny cubes,
hoping to be licked later on.
I open my mouth,
eyes closed,
hearing the crushing,
collapsing sweet bread,
tasting the
delicious texture.
The sound of flakes falling
brushing against
the napkin.
I wipe around my mouth,
clap my hands together
to release excess
sugar.
I’m done, and I’m pleased.
Churro, you are the reason
I come to Disneyland.

4 comments:

  1. This was the best. I just can't wait until we do it again someday. Perhaps them you will have a companion of your own and you won't have to be the single rider... though you were a fabulous single rider, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou. I...enjoyed it. Especially on Splash Mtn and Pirates ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a very glorious trip, I already want to go back even though I have been back once already since then. Also, I think your Churro poem deserves the Pulitzer Prize.

    ReplyDelete